“The things we think but do not say” – The best of 2012 and what to expect in 2013! (A FirstStep.me feature)
It should never fail an individual to keep learning or pursue an education of sorts. One ragging issue in 2012 however was the cost of student fees and education in general. It is a global problem and the accessibility of education is a cat that has been set among a largely unaware bunch of pigeons.
The long known practical solution of working while you study has fallen on deaf ears with the new generation, but paying for education by oneself is something young individuals need to embrace. Waiting on government, parental or external support is way too heavy on an already financially strained and challenged community. Though paying bills is no easy task, paying for your own education is extremely rewarding and therefore a must!
Student job examples: ways to help finance your studies
Bar-tending/barista, waiter/waitress, tutor, sports coach, retail assistance, university/college library assistant, research assistant at a university/institution, student temp jobs (various temping opportunities at various organisations, companies and setups) and of course our favourite "the starting your own student start-up!"
Could online education be the way to go? Whatever the case may be, 2013 is going to be a make or break for a desperate global youth market in need of some mind developing education!
More from the things we think but do not say feature!
- “The things we think but do not say”
- Companies that Rock…because they actually do!
- University of the Year! (We like to keep things simple…)
- Careers: Taking the emotion out of career choices
- The quick list of 2012
- What to expect in 2013! The Rise of the planet's unsung youth!
- The big escape
- The career recession: Fuel for Hollywood!
- Studying further: Education the groundwork to success
- The Movie Ambush of 2012
- The link between careers and television shows in 2012!
- Business and Political wrap up
- The Sabbatical, The Year Out, The Gap Year…whatever you want to call it
- The Rise of Youth Business!
- Mixing Youth Business and Grad Programs
- The Movie wrap up
- Hugs versus Punches!...and of course Gangnam Style
- The big snub…