“The things we think but do not say” – The best of 2012 and what to expect in 2013! (A FirstStep.me feature)
It seems that Hollywood has also jumped onto this Career Recession bandwagon of sorts as a content source - its been years since movies like The Graduate, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, Margin Call and Office Space (all of which have gained cult status) addressed the issue of future decisions and career choices. Somehow the 80’s charm of movies like The Secret of My Success with Michael J Fox never quite solved the career choice issues that were probably a foreseeable future.
The Internship starring Will Ferrell is one such offering along with Get a Job starring the guy who played the character “McLuvin” in Superbad!
Everything in Hollywood in 2013 is not just career focused Sean Penn is sidestepping his way back into mainstream movies with Gangster Squad, but then again these days anything with Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling is bound to be good.
It’s however the story of Jackie Robson in the Bio-pic titled 42 that has got our anticipated attention for 2013.
With 2012 a year jam packed with superhero based films, which seems to be recipe for studios to making good money, the new Thor: The Dark World, Superman and Iron Man 3 promise to deliver something special…crossing fingers we hope!
[*(c) 2012 Warner Bros. Entertainment. All Rights Reserved.]
More from the things we think but do not say feature!
- “The things we think but do not say”
- Companies that Rock…because they actually do!
- University of the Year! (We like to keep things simple…)
- Careers: Taking the emotion out of career choices
- The quick list of 2012
- What to expect in 2013! The Rise of the planet's unsung youth!
- The big escape
- The career recession: Fuel for Hollywood!
- Studying further: Education the groundwork to success
- The Movie Ambush of 2012
- The link between careers and television shows in 2012!
- Business and Political wrap up
- The Sabbatical, The Year Out, The Gap Year…whatever you want to call it
- The Rise of Youth Business!
- Mixing Youth Business and Grad Programs
- The Movie wrap up
- Hugs versus Punches!...and of course Gangnam Style
- The big snub…