“The things we think but do not say” – The best of 2012 and what to expect in 2013! (A FirstStep.me feature)
Getting employed, staying employed and getting paid
Everyone seems to be shifting careers these days. A financial crisis does that to peoples thinking and change is inevitable. Calculated changes based on logical thinking ahead of emotional stances is the way to go in this case. The retention of talent individuals within a business is extremely important and managing staff turnover is just as important as making a profit.
Individuals need to start looking at themselves as businesses and by doing so they able to value their work in whatever project, assignment or contract they are committed too. That’s a mind set change which is needed in the workplace. In a troubled global economy getting employed, staying employed and getting paid are all challenges that individuals face on a regular basis. 2013 is setup for people to stop making rash decisions and more concrete ones, just sustainable business is needed for the future so are sustainable workplaces.
More from the things we think but do not say feature!
- “The things we think but do not say”
- Companies that Rock…because they actually do!
- University of the Year! (We like to keep things simple…)
- Careers: Taking the emotion out of career choices
- The quick list of 2012
- What to expect in 2013! The Rise of the planet's unsung youth!
- The big escape
- The career recession: Fuel for Hollywood!
- Studying further: Education the groundwork to success
- The Movie Ambush of 2012
- The link between careers and television shows in 2012!
- Business and Political wrap up
- The Sabbatical, The Year Out, The Gap Year…whatever you want to call it
- The Rise of Youth Business!
- Mixing Youth Business and Grad Programs
- The Movie wrap up
- Hugs versus Punches!...and of course Gangnam Style
- The big snub…