“The things we think but do not say” – The best of 2012 and what to expect in 2013! (A FirstStep.me feature)
1. Gap Year adventure of the year:
The Felix Baumgartner’s adventure with Red Bull, it was quite literally out of this world!
2. The Internship Program of the Year:
AIESEC, it’s organised, its global it’s awesome!
3. The job portal of the year:
Webrecruit the UK based job site portal, is clean cut and clear, making the process of finding employment a simpler procedure.
4. Scholarship or student financial assistance of the year:
The Fulbright Program – It is global, its old school and it combines academic abilities with financial-career-study opportunities.
Check out the Fulbright Program’s following sites:
The Fulbright program’s facebook page
Careers and employment in a bind:
We don’t want to give this too much attention but it needs to be said! Well Tweeted rather….
1. Chicago Teachers Strike, Miners Strike in South Africa, The NHL Lockout and the Kevin Pietersen saga.
Answered with the following twitter handle #doh
2. There is also the list of CEO’s and heads of companies that resigned from their jobs this year.
Answered with the following twitter handle #blank
3. Lance Armstrong!
More from the things we think but do not say feature!
- “The things we think but do not say”
- Companies that Rock…because they actually do!
- University of the Year! (We like to keep things simple…)
- Careers: Taking the emotion out of career choices
- The quick list of 2012
- What to expect in 2013! The Rise of the planet's unsung youth!
- The big escape
- The career recession: Fuel for Hollywood!
- Studying further: Education the groundwork to success
- The Movie Ambush of 2012
- The link between careers and television shows in 2012!
- Business and Political wrap up
- The Sabbatical, The Year Out, The Gap Year…whatever you want to call it
- The Rise of Youth Business!
- Mixing Youth Business and Grad Programs
- The Movie wrap up
- Hugs versus Punches!...and of course Gangnam Style
- The big snub…